These balsamic garlic grilled mushroom skewers are always a hit—the perfect addition to any grilled dinner.
The combination of balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, and thyme creates a delicious marinade that enhances the natural flavors of the mushrooms.
In just 30 minutes of marinating time and 10 minutes of preparation and cooking, you’ll have a flavorful and satisfying dish that will impress your guests. Let’s get started!
2 pounds mushrooms, sliced 1/4 inch thick
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce (or coconut aminos for a gluten-free option)
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 teaspoon thyme, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, chopped garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well to create the marinade.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the marinade and toss until they are well coated. Allow the mushrooms to marinate for 30 minutes, ensuring they absorb all the flavors.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Skewer the marinated mushrooms onto metal or soaked wooden skewers, leaving a little space between each mushroom slice.
- Place the mushroom skewers on the preheated grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until the mushrooms are tender and slightly charred.
- Once cooked, remove the skewers from the grill and serve immediately.
- These balsamic garlic grilled mushroom skewers can be enjoyed on their own as a tasty appetizer or served alongside your favorite grilled meats or vegetables.
Keywords: balsamic garlic grilled mushroom skewers, dairy-free, gluten-free, plant-based, vegetarian, side dish