One of the things that helped me “click” with healthy eating was seeing how someone else did it.
I’m not talking about a made-up plan in a magazine, but a real-life example of a day’s worth of eating… exactly what they ate and when they ate it.
So that’s why I’ve decided to pull back the curtain and share my personal “day in the life” when it comes to food.
Something to keep in mind: this is what works for ME. I’m not suggesting you follow this!
I’m sharing it in hopes that it gets the wheels turning for YOU in finding a routine that fits your goals, schedule, and likes/dislikes.
So here we go!
This is what I ate yesterday. This was a busy, full day with client zooms, calls, computer work, my 10am Club Pilates class, and doing several loads of laundry from our 2 week vacation in between all the things. lol
FIRST THING IN THE MORNING:
- I drink 18 oz of room-temperature water; this took me about an hour.
- Sometimes I add a capful of ACV (apple cider vinegar)
- (I typically drink a total of 64-80 ounces of water daily)
- My favorite that I’ve been having for years is my low glycemic, plant-based, gluten/dairy/soy-free meal replacement shake.
- It is perfectly balanced with the right protein, carbs & fat.
- I blend in a serving of fruit, typically either an organic apple or 1 cup of frozen peaches.
- Lunch at my desk in between clients!
- I threw this together the night before – 1 large organic English cucumber, a handful of jicama sticks, and 5oz of hummus. The hummus I use has 3g of protein per ounce.
- Half of baked acorn squash, sauteed mushroom, red onion & garlic, and some wild caught cod with some curry seasoning.
- The cod took less than 10 minutes in the broiler, baked the squash for 25 minutes in the oven & sautéed the mushrooms & onions while the squash was cooking.
- Easy & yummy!
As you can see … it doesn’t have to take a lot of effort to prepare your food.
Also, when I baked the acorn squash, I baked two large squash, which is good for four meals. Planning ahead, prepping, and cooking once to eat multiple times is key to nutrition success.
Because, like you, sometimes I struggle with having enough hours in the day, much less make one from scratch three times a day!
It’s all about keeping it simple so you can stick with it!
PS: If you want to see how I help my clients create a personalized nutrition plan so You Reduce Belly Fat, Boost Your Energy, Balance Hormones, Increase Your Confidence, Feel Great & Love Your Body, click here to schedule a call!