Get ready to elevate your grilling game with a dish that’s both hearty and full of flavor – Grilled Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms! This recipe is a celebration of robust portobello mushrooms, filled with a delightful medley of rehydrated sun-dried tomatoes, cooked quinoa, vibrant spinach, and a touch of dairy-free cheesy goodness. Drizzled with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, these stuffed mushrooms are not only a visual treat but a culinary masterpiece that’s perfect for your summer BBQ gatherings.
The Art of Grilling
The sizzle of the grill, the warm summer breeze – there’s something truly enchanting about outdoor cooking. Grilled Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms take the spotlight in this recipe, offering a satisfying and wholesome dish that’s fit for both vegetarians and those looking to explore meatless options.
Grilled Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 – 12 minutes
- Total Time: Under 30 minutes
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, rehydrated and chopped
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup chopped spinach
- ¼ cup dairy-free cheese alternative (such as vegan mozzarella or nutritional yeast)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Remove the stems from the portobello mushrooms and scoop out the gills.
- In a bowl, mix together the sun-dried tomatoes, cooked quinoa, chopped spinach, dairy-free cheese alternative, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Brush the mushroom caps with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Spoon the quinoa mixture into the mushroom caps.
- Place the stuffed mushrooms on the grill and cook for about 10-12 minutes until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is heated through.
- Serve as a tasty appetizer.
Keywords: Dairy Free, Plant Based, Gluten Free, Low Glycemic
With Grilled Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms, your BBQ spread just got a whole lot more exciting. This recipe is a testament to the art of grilling, combining robust portobellos with a delectable stuffing that’s both hearty and nutritious.