A tasty take on traditional potato latkes – made with crispy and baked Brussels sprouts! They are surprisingly craveable.
Time-saving tip: Buy pre-shredded Brussels sprouts if available at your grocery store.
- Avocado or olive oil cooking spray
- 3 Tbsp rolled oats
- 4 cups shredded Brussels sprouts
- 1 small onion, diced into very small pieces
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 large eggs, whisked or substitute with 2 chia or flax eggs
- Preheat your oven to 450ºF/230ºC. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, and spray liberally with cooking spray.
- Place rolled oats in a high-speed blender or food processor and process until it forms a flour-like consistency. Remove from the blender or processor and place in a large mixing bowl.
- If your Brussels sprouts aren’t already shredded, place them in a food processor and pulse until shredded.
- Add the sprouts and onion to the bowl with the flour and add the salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper. Stir to combine, and then add the whisked eggs, and continue to stir until the eggs are incorporated.
- Using a large spoon (about 2 Tbsp-sized), scoop the mixture from the bowl and place on the baking sheet in small mounds about 1 inch/2.5 cm apart.
- Flatten the latkes out using a fork or spatula. Give them a quick spray with avocado or olive oil and place them in the oven, baking for 10 minutes. Flip them over and bake for another 10 minutes. They will be done when they are crispy and golden.
- Serve topped with plain Greek yogurt, applesauce, guacamole, or your favorite sauce.
TIP: You can reheat these in the oven at 450ºF/230ºC for 10-12 minutes.
Keywords: plant based, gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, side dish